Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dee Dee Bridgewater

Dee Dee Bridgewater photo by Mark Higashino
I'll be interviewing singer extraordinaire Dee Dee Bridgewater for the Women In Jazz book project, and I'm a bit nervous! The scope of this woman's repertoire and range of abilities is truly amazing. She's a born performer. If you haven't seen her live you're really missing something.

Fortunately for my nerves, I actually interviewed Bridgewater back in 2012 in advance of her Da Camera of Houston performance. I was lucky enough to talk with her on the phone and attend her concert, which was wonderful. This time around, I'll be focusing on questions that address a few of the themes that are recurring in the interviews I'm conducting for this book. With an artist like Bridgewater, there's sooo much to talk about. Narrowing it down to a few subjects is truly the challenge.

More news is coming as I continue transcribing interviews and shaping what will be the final version of this book. If you have a second, please give the Women In Jazz Facebook page a proverbial "like." Your support is truly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment